Jr American Rodeo
Jr American's Road to the American
15 Jr American Qualifier Races (see schedule)
- $250 Sidepot at Hosting Event
- $25% Paid at Qualifier Sidepot / 50% Paid at Jr American Rodeo / 25% Paid at American (as part of American Semi-Finals and American Rodeo payout)
- $75 annual Jr American Membership required (BBR Membership not required)
- Enter Online at BetterBarrelRaces.com/JrAmerican.
- Top 10 from each Qualifier Invited to Jr American Rodeo in Ft Worth, TX.
Jr American Rodeo
- Top 10 from each Jr American Qualfier.
- No additional entry fee.
- $10,000 Guarateed 1st Place Payout plus Champion Gold Buckle
- Top 2 from Jr American Rodeo Invited to American Semi-Finals Rodeo in Ft Worth, TX.
- Top 2 from Jr American guaranteed runs at American Rodeo in Arlington, TX.
American Semi-Finals & American Rodeo
- Top 2 from Jr American Rodeo to run in last performance of American Semi-Finals!
- If Top 2 from Jr American place in Top 10 of American Semi-Finals, they will compete as American Rodeo Qualifiers and will be elibigle to win $1M Qualifier Bonus!
- If Top 2 from Jr American do not place in Top 10 of American Semi-Finals, they will make an exhibition run at the American Rodeo!
What is the age limit to enter the Jr American?
You must be 19 yrs or younger at the time of the Jr American Qualifier event.
How do I enter a Jr American Rodeo Qualifier?
Entries for Jr American Qualifier barrel races will be taken online at BetterBarrelRaces.com/JrAmerican. Books will open approximately 2 weeks prior to the host event and will close on the Thursday prior to the host event at 5pm Central Time. Click the link in the schedule below for the online entry when it is available. The Jr American will be a sidepot for the designated race(s) at the host event. Entry in the host events race must be made through that producer.
What is the format of the Junior American Qualifiers?
The Junior American Qualifier will be run as a sidepot to one or more of the races at the host event. The event schedule will list the different classes at the host event from which your time may be carried. It is the contestant's responsibility to enter to proper host event class in order to get a time to carry to the Junior American Qualifier.
The Junior American Qualifier will be paid on a sweepstakes style format with the number of places to be determined by the total entries. Results from the Qualifier will be posted on BetterBarrelRaces.com and checks will be mailed from the Better Barrel Races office the week after the event. Contestants will need to have a completed W-9 on file with the BBR office before checks can be distributed.
What memberships do I have to purchase?
You must purchase an annual Jr American membership in order to compete in a Jr American Qualifier event. You may purchase this membership along with your entry from the online entry page. Contestants who compete without purchasing a membership prior to competition will be disqualified without refund. Membership in Better Barrel Races is not required but may entitle you to additional benefits at the host event.
How many times can I qualify?
You can qualify up to two (2) per person. However, each qualification must be on a different horse and each horse may only compete one time at the Jr American Rodeo, American Semi-Finals or American Rodeo.
Can more than one person qualify for the Jr American on the same horse?
Yes. Multiple people may qualify on the same horse at different Jr American Qualifier events. However, each horse may only compete one time at the Jr American Rodeo, American Semi-Finals or American Rodeo.
Can I switch horses along the way or must I compete on the horse I qualified on?
You can switch horses at each event/go-round. However, each horse may only compete one time at each event/go-round.
What if I qualify in the Top 2 from the Jr American and the Top 30 in the American Semi-Finals long go?
First of all... Good for You! You will compete in the American Semi-Finals in the Jr American spot during the last performance and an additional contestant from the American Semi-Finals long go will be promoted to fill your spot from that qualification. If you place in the Top 10, you will be eligible either way for American Semi-Finals prize money and American Rodeo prize money. If you do not place in the Top 10, you will still exhibition at the American Rodeo.
Jr American Barrel Racing Qualifier Schedule
Note: Additional dates will be published when available.
Chickasha, OK - Central 4D Barrel Race
Producer Website - Central4D.com
This event was cancelled due to weather. - Contact BBR at 405-230-7167 if you entered this event.